SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 25, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The global basin, bowl, and cup market size is expected to reach USD 504.1 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 13.9% from 2021 to 2028. Increasing reimbursement for surgeries and favorable government initiatives, along with increasing geriatric population, are driving the market.
Furthermore, due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the industry has witnessed rapid expansion in recent years. This is due to the expanding number of hospitals around the world, which will result in the high adoption of basins, bowls, and cups because they are cost-effective and time-saving.
Key Insights & Findings from the report:
- By product type, the cup segment held the largest revenue share in 2020. This is due to the growing pediatric and geriatric population and their reliance on medicines, which is one of the major causes driving up the use of medicine cups
- Based on the material type, stainless steel held the largest revenue share in 2020. Stainless-steel basins are becoming increasingly diverse and diversified in their applications and usage. Stainless-steel basins are easy to clean and can be autoclaved, making them suitable for hospitals and operation centers, which is anticipated to boost the demand for basins, bowls, and cups
- Asia Pacific led the market in 2020 and is expected to maintain its lead over the forecast period. This is owing to the region’s vast population, particularly in China and India, as well as the expanding healthcare infrastructure in emerging countries
Read 110 page market research report, “Basin, Bowl, And Cup Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product Type (Basin, Bowl, Cup), By Material Type (Stainless Steel, Plastic), By End User, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028“, by Grand View Research
The market growth is projected to be restrained by an increase in the use of reusable bowls, basins, and cups, which can be a source of hospital-acquired infections (HAIs), particularly when infectious microorganisms are transmitted between surfaces or other areas such as the facility’s water, which may contain pathogens or a patient’s personal goods which are exposed to pathogens. This may act as a restraint and lower the demand for basins, bowls, and cups.
Technological advancements such as single-use or disposable ones are replacing conventionally used stainless basins and bowls. A significant reason for this shift from stainless steel basins and bowls to disposable ones is to reduce cross-contamination risk. The use of disposable basins and bowls helps in controlling the infection spread. As a result, advanced technology is expected to fuel the growth of the market.
Grand View Research has segmented the global basin, bowl, and cup market on the basis of product type, material type, end user, and region:
- Basin, Bowl, And Cup Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Emesis Basin
- Solution Basin
- Medicine Cup
- Urine Cup
- Iodine Cup
- Lotion Bowl
- Sponge Bowl
- Procedure Bowl
- Solution Bowl
- Basin, Bowl, And Cup Material Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Stainless steel
- Basin, Bowl, And Cup End-user Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Long-term Care Facilities
- Homecare Settings
- Basin, Bowl, And Cup Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Basin, Bowl, And Cup Market
- Narang Medical Limited
- IndoSurgicals Private Limited
- Advin Health Care
- Key Surgical
- Cardinal Health
- GPC Medical Ltd.
- Medegen Medical Products
- Med-Vet International
- DESCO MEDICAL INDIA
- Sunflower Medical Ltd.
- The Vollrath Company, LLC
Check out more studies from Grand View Research’s market report portfolio on the Global Medical Devices Industry:
- Mechanical Ventilator Market – The global mechanical ventilator market size was valued at USD 5.79 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8% from 2022 to 2030. The unprecedented dawn of COVID-19 boosted the demand for mechanical ventilators by leaps and bounds in 2020.
- Dermatology Devices Market – The global dermatology devices market size was valued at over USD 12.5 billion in 2021 and is anticipated to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.9% over the forecast period. The increasing prevalence of skin cancer and other skin diseases is contributing largely to the high product demand.
- Capnography Devices Market – The global capnography devices market size was valued at USD 565.3 million in 2021 and is expected to witness a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.9% from 2022 to 2030. Technological advancements, the prevalence of respiratory diseases, and supportive government initiatives are anticipated to boost the market growth over the forecast period.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.